Monday, July 11, 2016

Finally!


20ec886c-8e0c-422a-b8cb-37c941ffae33

This is what I did this morning. A cardigan which I made 12 years ago was put in the bin. I’ve used it every day, and it showed. It was a cardigan made by a pattern from Kaffe Fasset. This is what it looked like in better days:

004

And even here you can see it is quite worn.

It was high time to replace this, so a couple of years ago I got a new pattern-yarn-kit.

004

Never thought it would take me this long to finish this:  3½ years! But here it is…

P1020461

It was knitted in the round, and then the steek was cut open.

022

It was the first time ever for me to do it, and it was a bit terrifying. But it all did go okay.

P1020468 
Even the inside looks great. Overall I’m very happy with the result, and I can only hope this cardigan will last as long as its predecessor.

P1020466

The pattern is ‘Bird Jacket’ by Christel Seyfarth.

Groetjes, Dorien

3 comments:

Monique van den Berg said...

Oh, dat moet pijn hebben gedaan om je vest weg te gooien. Je hebt in ieder geval een prachtig vest gebreid, dat zal de vervanging wat minder pijnlijk maken😉

Maxine D said...

What a stunning new jacket Dorien - I can well imagine that cutting the fabric after knitting it would have been terrifying!! Well done on an amazing project.
Blessings
Maxine

mamasmercantile said...

That is an amazing creation. Beautiful work.