Monday, October 31, 2016

It has been a grey summer


P1020660

It has been a long time, hasn’t it. And the picture above gives away a little bit of the reason why. I made this cardigan this summer and it is grey and made with a very straightforward, quite easy pattern ( Drops Design – Weekend Walk). Grey and straightforward aren’t exactly keywords to usually describe my work, but this is all I could manage. A lot has happened, and it wasn’t all good. A good thing was, that our youngest son moved out to go and live on his own. I never imagined this was going to be so hard to me ( yes, the nest is getting empty). Something else was that my father passed away after being ill for a very long time. Saying goodbye just took too long and that was a horrific period as well for him as for the family. I’m sure he’s at peace now and it is good to see my mom is working very hard to make her life worthwhile again.

So, after all these months, I’m trying to go back to where I was and slowly I’ll get there. All I can show now, is a little sneak peek of what I’m working on. (there is evern some colour!)

P1020666

P1020673

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sincere condolences.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Dear Dorien, I'm sorry to hear about your father. You have had a difficult summer and I hope you take care of yourself. Do what you enjoy and if colours are back it means you'll be well. Your project looks beautiful! x Teje
www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

Sandra said...

Sterkte Dorien!

Monique van den Berg said...

Heel veel sterkte Dorien met het verlies van je vader en natuurlijk met je uitvliegende zoon!
Groetjes, Monique

Maxine D said...

Dorien these hard time so tend to stifle our creativity - glad to see that you are picking up the pieces again and starting to enjoy life and crate in colour.
Blessings
Maxine

Kärt said...

Glad to see you back! I hope things go only better now.